Responsible for establishing and maintaining effective business relationships with critical customers by finding opportunities to assist them and seeking collaborative solutions to their problems, while working to sustain the Utilities’ mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES The following duties and responsibilities are illustrative of the primary functions of this position and are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Establish and maintain effective business relationships with major account customer personnel; maintain regular customer account schedules.
- Develop and maintain customer account profiles, and knowledge of customer’s business operations, industries, markets and business strategies.
- Develop, implement and update strategic customer plans detailing Utilities opportunities to be pursued in partnership with key customers.
- Assist with emergency communications for key accounts and large commercial customers identified, as needed; coordinate with other department staff to provide coverage for key accounts emergency needs.
- Analyze energy and water consumption and billing for key and large commercial account customers; provide load profile data and graphic analysis, as needed; assist key customers in understanding water and electric usage patterns, demand and coincidental peak demand impacts, and their associated costs.
- Coordinate City and Utilities resources for investigating, resolving and responding to key and large commercial customer service issues concerning rates, billing, metering, power and water quality and reliability, facility expansion and modifications.
- Develop plans for marketing and communications activities (e.g. newsletters, seminars, workshops, surveys, etc.)
- Identify and champion development of new customer-focused policies, programs, and strategic opportunities, critical to sustaining progressive and responsible businesses.
- Develop and maintain program reports; track contacts and other activity utilizing account tracking databases; keep Utilities senior management informed of customer issues, successes and items of interest.
- Spends 40% or more of work time meeting with Utilities customers face-to-face at their work sites or business locations in order to develop customer relationships and better understand customer operations and needs.
- Participate as customer liaison in facility assessments, that requires on-site customer facility assessments in partnership with engineers.
- Establish an online presence for engaging with customers on social media.
- Perform on-call duty that supports quickly and effectively responding to outages with media, website and social media, and being prepared to go to outage site or an emergency operations center, as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
For full details and to apply, visit