The Irrigation Assessor Performs irrigation audits and inspections for residential and large property customers; compiles data and creates written reports based on audit findings; performs general garden and landscape maintenance functions, and may assist in general conservation projects during non-irrigation months.
Applicants must be enrolled in a college program and must demonstrate 1 year of customer service experience.
Excellent organizations have a set of principles, or core values, that are used to implement their mission and vision. The values represent the touchstone for the organization, guiding the decisions of the individuals and the organization. At the city of Aurora, we value integrity, respect, professionalism and customer service as those core values and we attribute those values to our success as an organization, both as an employer and a servant of the community. If you hold these same values, we welcome you to apply.
This is a Seasonal position with NO benefits.
Aurora Water is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the drinking water, sanitary sewer and storm drainage systems, treatment of drinking water and non-potable reclaimed wastewater for irrigation, billing and collection, public outreach and water conservation, acquisition and development of future water rights, major capital projects programs, and quality control for regulatory compliance and public health.
The City of Aurora will conduct ongoing screenings of applications on a first-come, first-serve basis; as soon as we determine to have a qualified pool of applicants, this position may close quickly and without notice.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform physical inspection of irrigation systems
- Compile data to create detailed reports of inspection findings
- Work directly with the city of Aurora residents
- Analyze water use and consumption data
- Perform garden and landscape maintenance when assessments are slow
- May perform as team lead worker
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED and currently enrolled in a college program.
- Irrigation system repair and installation experience preferred but not required. Previous horticulture or landscape installation and maintenance experience preferred by not required.
- Basic Microsoft Office programs knowledge. Experience in the operations of irrigation systems and efficient watering practices preferred.