This position is responsible for providing engineering support and analysis for Northern Water and the Sub district, focusing on project operations modeling, water resources planning, and hydrologic modeling.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Solves operational problems on projects. Responsible for timely solutions.
- Assigns and directs work of professional and technical personnel,provide technical guidance and quality control checks.
- Provides engineering support for Northern Water and Sub district projects,policies, water supply development, water conservation, and drought planning.
- Conducts operation analyses of project operations using water resource planning models, and work collaboratively with other department staff in preparing models for planning studies and investigations.
- Conducts hydrologic studies and investigations using existing water resource planning models.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of software tools to implement complex forecasting, runoff, and demand models, including both surface and groundwater operations models.
- Provide engineering support for Northern Water and Sub district projects in the areas of water supply planning, water operations, hydrologic forecasting, water resources policy, and water rights analysis.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional information here: http://northernwater.org/sf/docs/default-source/careers/senior-water-resources-engineer.pdf?sfvrsn=a0ac30a6_4