Under direct supervision of the Water Resources Department Manager, this entry level position provides engineering support and analysis for Northern Water and the Municipal Sub district, focusing on water resources engineering, water resources planning modeling, and hydrologic modeling.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with water resources planning and water operations studies from concept to completion.
- Analyze, gather and assemble data to assist in identifying engineering and planning problems.
- Analyze routine technical, engineering and operational problems.
- Assist with the development of independent water resources planning models using appropriate software and data inputs.
- Performs studies and operational analyses with water resource planning models developed by Northern Water personnel or by outside contractors.
- Provide engineering support for Northern Water and Sub district projects in the areas of water supply planning, water operations, hydrologic forecasting, water resources policy, and water rights analysis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional information here: http://northernwater.org/sf/docs/default-source/careers/water-resources-engineer.pdf?sfvrsn=3ce5bca4_4