The Colorado Stormwater Council (CSC) contracted to develop bus ads which focused on nutrient pollution and complement the Live Like You Love It (LLYLI) campaign led by Colorado WaterWise (CWW). CSC is comprised of the majority of the Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) permit holders in Colorado. CWW serves as the collaborative leader in the efficient use of urban water in Colorado. The water messaging collaboration was the first of its kind in Colorado and will connect millions of Coloradans to their water.
The ads were placed by:
Regional Transportation District (RTD)
RTD’s geographic area covers 8 counties (40 municipalities in 6 counties plus 2 city/county jurisdictions): Boulder; Broomfield; Denver; Jefferson; Adams; Arapahoe; Douglas; Weld.
- o Ads were placed in bus interiors (850 buses), transflux signs were placed on all light rail trains (172), the Free MallRide shuttles (36) and the Free MetroRide buses (13).
The 2015 ridership numbers (the latest data available) was:
- · Average weekday boardings: 339,300 (system wide)
- · Annual boardings: 103,377,797 (system wide)
Grand Valley Transit (GVT)
GVT’s geographic area covers the areas surrounding the City of Fruita, Town of Palisade and Downtown Grand Junction.
- o Ads were placed in bus interiors (27) buses.
The 2016 ridership numbers are:
- · Average weekday boardings: 2,700 (system wide)
- · Annual boardings: 831,435 (system wide)