GENERAL PURPOSE: Develops, coordinates, and administers the Board of Public Utilities (BOPU) water conservation programs, analyzes water use, provides customers and the general public with information and education on water conservation programs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
• Keeps the mission, vision and values of the Board of Public Utilities at the forefront of decision making and action; builds strategic and collaborative relationships and interacts with others in a way that builds confidence and trust; provides excellent customer service by taking action to accomplish objectives, maintaining high levels of work and productivity, and generating innovative solutions to work situations.
• Administers the BOPU Wise Water Use Plan and conservation-based rebates; provides public information on water conservation and efficiency programs for City residents and business customers; makes public presentations to promote conservation programs; interprets and explains federal, state, and local rules and regulations.
• Serves as principal advisor on water conservation issues; compiles, evaluates and analyzes information, and recommends solutions; coordinates communications between BOPU and city departments, state and local agencies, commercial businesses, and community service organizations.
• Works with federal, state, and local agencies, private industry, developers and commercial customers to promote water conservation and manage the diverse range of water issues facing the community. Tracks and estimates appropriate water use by large water users such as parks, golf courses, schools, spray parks, pools, hotels, restaurants, laundry facilities, and car washes. Promotes wise water use and conservation efforts.
• Encourages landscapers and irrigation technicians to be National Irrigation Association certified. Hosts classes as necessary for landscapers to obtain certifications. Encourages landscapers and irrigation technicians to use water conserving technologies and practices. • Liaise with customer service to respond to customer concerns regarding high bills, water use or conservation techniques. Assists customers with questions and may make home visits to provide instructions on how to read meters and assess for leaks. Analyzes water use from customers with smart meters to identify hidden water uses.
• Enforces metering requirements and other city water conservation ordinances; collects water conservation data, evaluates existing programs, and recommends improvements. Investigates complaints and reports of water leaks or wasteful water use and documents violations, enforces water schedule, and uses violations as opportunities to educate customers and promote water conserving practices. Issues fines for non-responsive customers.
• Conducts technical and environmental studies on water use trends, usage estimates, and soil samples. Analyzes water conservation issues; develops and recommends new programs, policies, and procedures; prepares reports which summarize water conservation activities and compliance issues.
• Tracks water use by individual customers who participate in conservation programs
For full details and to apply, visit https://www.cheyennebopu.org/About-Us/Career-Opportunities/Water-Conservation-Specialist