City of Aurora, Colorado
It is an exciting time to work for the City of Aurora, we're growing and looking for dedicated and collaborative individuals to join our team of talented and valued employees. Excellent organizations have a set of principles, or core values, that are used to implement their mission and vision. Those values represent the touchstone for the organization, guiding the decisions of the individuals and the organization. At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our excellence by modeling the CORE 4 Values of:
Customer Service, and we welcome all who share these values to apply.
Why Work for Aurora?
Aurora Water Department
- Make a difference in the lives of real people every day
- Diverse community
- Competitive total compensation package
- Well-Funded General Employees Retirement Plan
- Light rail station minutes away
- On-site fitness center and overall employee well-being programs
- Internal educational programs to assist with career advancement
- Access to innovation workspaces
Aurora Water is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the drinking water, sanitary sewer and storm drainage systems, treatment of drinking water and non-potable reclaimed wastewater for irrigation, billing and collection, public outreach and water conservation, acquisition and development of future water rights, major capital projects programs, and quality control for regulatory compliance and public health.
The Aurora Water department is seeking a Water Conservation Inspector
to serve as a self-starter who enjoys engaging with customers and contractors. This position offers a seasonal mix of office and outdoor work while holding the responsibility of customer compliance with city ordinances. As a liaison to multiple city departments, candidates for this position must have excellent communication and customer service skills.
This job posting is scheduled to close on June 16th at 5:00PM.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform residential irrigation and soil amendment inspections for compliance with code
- Perform non-single-family irrigation inspections to ensure they conform to approved plans
- Coordinate meetings with contractors to promote and educate on Aurora’s standards
- Track inspection progress in city platform
- Teach conservation education classes
- Assist with Aurora Water Management Plan violation investigations
- Respond to water conservation and landscape questions and inquiries
- Act as liaison to contractor community
- Assist with Commercial, Industrial and Institutional sector Indoor Water Assessments and Use Analysis
- Additional job duties as assigned
For additional information and to apply, click here