Work related to planning, development, utilization and protection of present and future water supplies including analysis of water yields and demands. This part-time hourly (<30 hours/week) position would specifically focus on the operational nature of water resources management, including daily water right use and accounting, communication of water right usage with internal and external parties, documentation of water resources related operational procedures, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages and plans for available water supplies to meet demands through applied knowledge of water rights administration, water law, water supply facility operations, water supply allocation modeling, etc.
• Compiles and analyzes reports, records, and other data to determine current and future water yields and demands using various computer technology.
• May determine and conduct surplus water supply rentals to other water users.
• May develop and maintain complex accounting programs to track City water use and supplies.
• May serve as a technical resource and educator for other departments, external agencies, the community, Water Commission, City Council, etc.; may prepare presentations and written materials.
• Works with special legal counsel and engineering consultants to develop, utilize, and protect the City’s water rights in compliance with local, state and federal law.
• Coordinates with City Attorney’s Office to develop and/or execute water related agreements and other arrangements with various entities.
• May attend irrigation company and other water user meetings as a City representative.
• May develop and/or monitor contracts and related budgets; may manage hourly intern.
• May develop and operate water resource allocation computer models.
For additional information and to apply, click here.