The City of Greeley is looking for a passionate water conservation person to: perform irrigation system audits, achieve indoor and outdoor efficiency measures and community/customer engagement. The position will be responsible to conduct outside irrigation and indoor audits, recommend water conversation techniques and fixtures to Greeley Water Customers, and provide water conservation incentives that support the Water Conservation Teams’ objectives and goals.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills:
- Two year technical degree or higher required;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in irrigation systems (design, installation, maintenance and water efficiency) or landscape design, practical on-the-job training and experience in water conservation and customer service; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Minimum possession or the ability to obtain certification as a landscape irrigation auditor, landscape technician in irrigation, sustainable landscape management, or qualified water efficient landscaper within one year of hire.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions;
- Ability to understand, interpret and enforce the objectives, goals and policies of the Water Conservation Program;
- Beginning to intermediate proficiency and computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Ability to participate in writing technical documents;
- Experience with building maintenance, plumbing systems and knowledge of cross connection prevention is desirable;
- Training, presentations, education and water conservation program development experience is desirable;
- Valid Driver’s license and good driving record;
- Bilingual in Spanish is desirable.
Hiring Range: $23.03 - $27.64 hourly
For full details and to apply, visit Water Conservation Specialist I - City of Greeley - Careers (oraclecloud.com)