Castle Rock Water is seeking to fill a Water Efficiency Technician position. This position is responsible for field work performed in support of the water conservation/efficiency program including education and outreach, landscaping and irrigation best management practices, inspections, enforcement, and continuous program improvement. Work also involves assisting customers in reducing overall consumption. They will perform duties in a manner consistent with the stated values of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts landscape and irrigation inspections which includes but is not limited to, review of approved plans, pre-construction meetings with installation contractors, soil inspections, sub-surface irrigation inspections, site visits, landscape inspections, and irrigation inspections.
- Conducts customer assistance with sprinkler system assessments and irrigation controller programming.
- Verifies compliance with Water Efficiency Plans through performing indoor and outdoor inspections.
- Maintains current and accurate records of inspection results using Town forms and record keeping software.
- Prepares periodic reports of inspection activities and enforcement action.
- Provides support for Water Use Management Plan implementation, compliance, and enforcement, to include education, watering schedule, and water waste.
- Provides support and assistance as a resource to the Town for landscaping and irrigation best management practices.
- Supports the implementation of initiatives as detailed in the Town's Water Efficiency Master Plan.
- Responds to inquiries for information as it pertains to our customer assistance program and water efficiency efforts.
- Assists with the mandatory Town Registration for Landscape Professionals program.
- Assists in the development, implementation, and evaluation of specific water conservation and efficiency measures, including additional rebate programs, cooperative conservation efforts with home builders, development of educational materials for the conservation website, and demonstration gardens.
- Assists with the development of new water efficiency strategies.
- Assists with the documentation and presentation of annual water conservation goals and metrics.
- Participates in water conservation efforts with other Front Range water providers through organizations like the South Metro Water Supply Authority Conservation Sub-Committee, Rocky Mountain Section of the American Water Works Association Conservation Sub-Committee, and Colorado Water Wise.
- Performs inspections as assigned through Castle Rock Water to support the meter services, stormwater, and code enforcement programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
This position will remain open continuously until filled.
The full job posting can be found at www.crgov.com/jobs.