Supporting the technical team and operations of the River District’s projects, the Water Resources Data Specialist performs technical, project management, and engineering work.
- Provides data compilation, reduction, analysis and interpretation of hydrology, instrumentation, and other types of reports in Excel or similar data management software for internal processing and stakeholder engagement.
- Assists District Engineers and consultants in designing and planning projects and supports related research and contract management.
- Provides project management support including working with consultants, suppliers, and contractors to develop scopes of work.
- Prepares maps of projects, technical renderings, etc. using GIS, CAD, and related software applications.
- Performs occasional field work, such as observing contractors on project sites, performing simple installations, etc.
- Work varies in complexity and requires use of creative problem solving, independent judgment and initiative.
- Occasional travel required, mainly throughout the 15-county District.