For those sectors that have developed benchmarks in the assessment Tool, the examples below provide some guidance on interpreting your facility's performance against those benchmarks. The key points to remember are:
- the benchmarks represent the performance of an AVERAGE facility in your sector
- a low percentile rating against the benchmarks indicates higher performance
- high performance against a benchmark does not indicate the absence of water conservation opportunities
- for those sectors with multiple benchmarks, a facility may perform well against one and poorly against another, depending on unique operating characteristics
Some examples that illustrate benchmark interpretation:
Now that you've completed the Assessment Toolkit, there are a number of potential next steps that will help you to realize the water conservation opportunities you may have identified through your effort.
- Learn more about the technologies and practices that may help you to realize water conservation in the Technology Toolkit
- The Building Water Efficiency Analysis Model (BEAM) by the RAND Corporation can provide more detailed analysis of your water conservation opportunities
- Your local water provider's water conservation specialist is a great resource to determine your implementation options
Have you used the Assessment Toolkit?
If you have made use of the water assessment toolkit, please consider taking a moment to complete our online survey regarding your experience.Click Here to take survey...