WaterNow Alliance is a network of local water leaders dedicated to advancing sustainable, equitable, affordable and climate resilient water strategies nationwide. Our mission is to accelerate the transition to a more sustainable and equitable water future, bringing innovative solutions to scale by empowering local decision makers responsible for 95% of the spending on water infrastructure.
WaterNow is an independent operating division of Multiplier, a nationally recognized nonprofit with a growing portfolio of innovative initiatives that conserve and protect a sustainable and resilient world (www.multiplier.org).
Position: Colorado Basin Program Manager
The Colorado Basin Program Manager position is a full-time position reporting directly to the Executive Director. The Program Manager is a core member of the WaterNow team, primarily responsible for managing hands-on projects in collaboration with utility partners, advancing key state and federal policy initiatives, and supporting member engagement and outreach in the Colorado River Basin. Within WaterNow’s mission-oriented suite of environmentally sustainable water solutions, this position will focus primarily on advancing urban demand management tools such as water conservation and efficiency, water reuse, and integrated water and land use planning.
We recognize that each applicant for this role will bring unique skills, knowledge, experiences, and background to this position, lending his/her/their flair to the trajectory of WaterNow. We welcome diverse experiences and perspectives in our applicant pool, and will be especially looking for candidates who are passionate about the WaterNow’s mission and approach, and ideally have demonstrated interest in working in a not-for-profit environment.
Specific responsibility and activities include, but are not limited to:
▪ Serve as WaterNow lead for WaterNow’s Project Accelerator in the CO Basin; work directly with local utilities and municipalities on project design and implementation; develop, monitor and report on project budgets and project implementation plans.
▪ Research and analyze water policies, programs, and resources that advance local, state and federal-level sustainable water management practices.
▪ Build and maintain constructive relationships with key local partners, water innovators, and utility staff and management in developing and executing projects and policy initiatives.
▪ Connect WaterNow members and utility partners to state and federal funding opportunities and provide application support.
▪ Present and amplify WaterNow’s mission at conferences, seminars, and meetings.
▪ Plan, coordinate and lead occasional stakeholder meetings, in-person briefings, and webinars.
▪ Serve alongside other thought partners on WNA on overall planning and strategy related to Colorado Basin programs.
▪ Design and implement educational content and programming focused on sustainable water solutions through webinars, workshops, and other avenues.
▪ Assist with planning WaterNow’s Annual Summit, including program development.
- 4-year college degree.
- At least 3 years relevant work experience in water use efficiency, environmental management, and/or resource management fields, preferably working directly with sustainability programs in the NGO, investor, corporate, academic or government sectors.
- Well-connected with Colorado and other Western states’ water community.
- Technical experience working at or with utilities on water efficiency, demand management, integrated water and land use planning and/or related issues.
- Excellent research and analytical skills based, in part, on technical experience (e.g., in a field like economics, environmental studies and/or public policy).
- Strong project management and organizational skills, with attention to detail, able to meet deadline and follow-through.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, natural public speaker
- A motivated self-starter who can develop strong and trusted networks of stakeholders.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience managing and maintaining compliance with public and/or private grant obligations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Salesforce, Zoom meetings and webinars, MacOS, and Google Suite. Experience with web-based project management applications desired but not required.
- Willingness to travel 10% of time.
This is a remote position based anywhere along Colorado’s Front Range. After the pandemic, we anticipate this position would work at least part time from a coworking space. WaterNow Alliance is based in San Francisco and in order to collaborate as a team, we will encourage travel to San Francisco at least 2-3 times per year for in-person meetings. Given this position will work closely with the WaterNow team in San Francisco, this person will be available during Pacific Time working hours (as needed).
Salary and Benefits: WaterNow offers an attractive compensation and benefits package. The salary for this position begins at $60,000 and is negotiable commensurate with experience. Benefits package includes a 3% retirement match as well as health, dental, vision coverage and more.
Please provide a resume and cover letter that describes your interest in this position, your relevant qualifications and experience, your availability and salary requirements. Please also submit a writing sample that showcases some relevant work in the water or land-use arena. First screenings will begin on May 24th and applications will be accepted until position is filled. Applications can be sent to email@example.com. We’re a small team and respectfully request no follow-up calls or emails.
Multiplier and WaterNow Alliance celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams and partnerships that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Multiplier and WaterNow Alliance are also committed to providing an environment of mutual respect that is free from discrimination and harassment. Multiplier and WaterNow Alliance prohibit discrimination in their governance, programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, political beliefs, reprisal, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran, because all or part of an individual’s income is derived from public assistance, or for any other non-merit-based factor.