The Bureau of Reclamation’s WaterSMART program is now accepting applications for their FY24 Drought Resiliency Projects (DRP) Grants through October 31, 2023.
This funding opportunity is available for projects that will increase water supply reliability, build long-term resilience to drought, and reduce the need for emergency response actions.
- Applications are due by October 31, 2023 for FY24 funding.
- Applicants may request up to $5 million for projects which can be completed within three years.
- Click here to access the funding opportunity on grants.gov and download the complete NOFO (also searchable using the opportunity number R24AS00007).
- Learn more about DRP grants and WaterNow’s support by downloading our DRP Fact Sheet and visit our website for additional guidance!
Applicable Project Examples:
- Constructing stormwater capture and reuse systems, including green stormwater infrastructure solutions such as rain gardens, cisterns, and bioswales.
- Installing residential grey water and rain catchment systems
- Developing water budgets and tiered pricing programs that incentivize decreased consumptive use.
- And more! See the FY24 DRP Notice of Funding Opportunity for a longer list of eligible project types.
Free Support from WaterNow Alliance*
Now, more than ever, our cities and utilities need all the financial support they can get to meet our region's water challenges. Through our WaterSMART Grant Application Support and Help Desk, WaterNow Alliance can support Colorado water providers with no-cost assistance to apply for these funds to bring critical support to your community, including:
- 1-on-1 calls to discuss grant opportunities and to strategize next steps
- Guidance on USBR grant submission processes
- Targeted research tasks related to your application
- Fillable application templates that follow the Notice of Funding Opportunity
- Detailed review of your application (Please note that WaterNow is not able to write/draft WaterSMART applications)
- And more! We’ll work with you to determine what kind of support would be most useful to your utility or organization.
To learn more about how we can support your application process fill out this Google Form and visit our website.
We need your input: take our 5-minute survey!
We are committed to providing the best possible support to help Colorado water providers tackle regional water challenges. To understand how effective our WaterSMART grant application services are, please complete our short survey! You can access the survey here.
Questions About the Grant?
If you are planning to apply or have questions regarding applicant and project eligibility, program requirements, or the evaluation criteria, you should schedule a time to talk with the USBR program coordinators by clicking here and selecting Drought Resiliency Projects Inquiries.
Watch USBR's Webinar!
The Bureau of Reclamation hosted a webinar on August 24, to discuss eligible applicants and project types, and the evaluation criteria for the Planning and Project Design Grants and Drought Resiliency Projects funding opportunity. Click here to watch a recording of the live event.