Xeriscape Colorado is a program of Colorado WaterWise that promotes xeriscape as a beautiful, water-saving approach to landscaping in our challenging climate and with our limited water resources.
- In the western United States, over half of potable water is used on landscapes. A lot of that goes to turf grass. Switching to Xeriscape reduces this water use by 60% or more.
- Enhance your life and create habitat for wildlife by creating attractive, colorful landscapes that to use less water.
- Your landscape is an investment in your comfort and in the value of your property. A good Xeriscape will increase your property value by as much as 15%.
- By eliminating turf grass, you eliminate the mowing, herbicides, and fertilizers that turf needs to thrive. Switching to Xeriscape can reduce maintenance costs by up to 60%.
- Xeriscape is more drought-tolerant than turf grass. When temperatures soar and water use is restricted, water-thirsty landscapes suffer first. Protect your landscape investment by drought-proofing it.