The Bureau of Reclamation's WaterSMART program is now accepting applications for their FY 23 and 24 Cooperative Watershed Management Program (CWMP) Phase 1 Grants.
This funding opportunity provides funding to grassroots, local watershed groups to encourage diverse stakeholders to form local solutions to address their water management needs. Activities supported under CWMP Phase 1 include development of watershed groups, watershed restoration planning activities, and designing watershed management projects.
- Applications are due by December 5, 2023 for FY23 funding and September 3, 2024 for FY24 funding.
- Applicants may request up to $300,000 for projects which can be completed within three years.
- Click here to access the funding opportunity on grants.gov and download the complete NOFO (also searchable using the opportunity number R23AS00362).
- Learn more about CWMP grants and WaterNow’s support by downloading our CWMP Fact Sheet and visit our website for additional guidance!
Free Support from WaterNow Alliance*
Now, more than ever, our cities and utilities need all the financial support they can get to meet our region's water challenges. Through our WaterSMART Grant Application Support and Help Desk, WaterNow Alliance can support Colorado water providers with no-cost assistance to apply for these funds to bring critical support to your community.
- 1-on-1 calls to discuss grant opportunities and to strategize next steps
- Guidance on USBR grant submission processes
- Targeted research tasks related to your application
- Fillable application templates that follow the Notice of Funding Opportunity
- Detailed review of your application (Please note that WaterNow is not able to write/draft WaterSMART applications)
- And more! We'll work with you to determine what kind of support would be most useful to your utility or organization.
To learn more about how we can support your application process fill out this Google Form and visit our website.
We Need Your Input: Take Our 5-Minute Survey!
We are committed to providing the best possible support to help Colorado water providers tackle regional water challenges. To understand how effective our WaterSMART grant application services are, please complete our short survey! You can access the survey here.
Questions About the Grant?
If you are planning to apply or have questions regarding applicant and project eligibility, program requirements, or the evaluation criteria, you should schedule a time to talk with the USBR program coordinators by clicking here and selecting Cooperative Watershed Management Program Inquiries.