WHAT IS THE STATEWIDE WATER EDUCATION ACTION PLAN?
SWEAP is the first-of-its-kind, a water education guide that organizations and individual educators can use to realize the “Outreach, Education and Public Education” goals set forth in the Colorado Water Plan. The framework features 10 key outcomes, related strategies, and examples of actions local entities can take to reach their unique audiences. Developed with the assistance of more than 40 water educators statewide, SWEAP will empower Coloradans to take an active role in their communities and make informed decisions about critical water issues.
BENEFITS OF SWEAP
SWEAP bridges water education gaps across the state and provides opportunities for educators to ensure:
- Coloradans have the knowledge and skills needed to take an active role in their communities and make informed decisions about critical water issues.
- Water education is inclusive and accessible to underrepresented communities.
- Educators can customize local actions to reach their unique audiences.
- Opportunities are available to mobilize funding and resources for water education.
- Baselines and assessment results demonstrate the value of local and regional education activities.