Breaking Down Silos: Integrating Water into Land Use Planning
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm MT
Learn More About…
- · How to coordinate multi-departmental efforts in long-range land use and water supply planning
- · How to address challenges faced by municipalities that have numerous water providers that aren’t municipally operated
- · What types of water conservation goals, objectives, strategies, and implementation techniques decision-makers may want to include in their comprehensive plans
- · How to integrate water conservation techniques, such as land use patterns, landscape requirements, tap fees, and water conservation incentives into zoning
- · How greater land use control does not necessarily mean the dilution of property rights or reduction of the overall density of the community; and
- · Case Studies from various Colorado communities
Speakers Include: Kevin Reidy, State Water Conservation Technical Specialist; Don Elliott, FAICP, Clarion Associates; Drew Beckwith, Water Policy Manager, Western Resource Advocates; John Nolon, Land Use Law Center; Mac Cummins, Planning Manager, City of Westminster
Register for one or all three webinars. For more information about the webinar or to register, please click here.
This webinar series is targeted to Colorado local government planners and water providers.