This position is an integral member of the Communication & Engagement Department team, working collaboratively with Water & Sewer Department leadership to develop, implement and manage high-level strategic communication plans. The Communication Specialist II will provide direction and context for the communication, promotion, public education, and public engagement aspects of work related to the Water and Sewer Department. They will use a range of tactics including marketing and advertising, social media, websites, and community dialogue to ensure the public is well informed about the state of the Water & Sewer Department’s projects, services, operations and infrastructure,
The ideal candidate will demonstrate knowledge of integrated communications strategies, including engagement, education and marketing. They will work well in a collaborative, dynamic and results-driven environment. The ideal candidate must be comfortable working with many stakeholders and distilling complex information. Experience in water issues is desirable, but not required.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree gained through a four-year college/university academic program or specialized technical training of equivalent length in the field of Communication and Engagement or a related field.
- No less than three to five years of progressively responsible professional experience involving 21st-century communication practices (i.e., marketing, communications, media relations, public engagement, brand management, or related fields.)
- Proficient at writing, organizing content and data, and reporting outcomes.
- Experience assessing, monitoring and measuring strategic communication initiatives.
- Experience in media relations including writing press releases, pitching stories, and coordinating interviews.
- Ability to utilize components of project management to successfully schedule, lead and facilitate communication.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills and diplomacy.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Mail Chimp, and WordPress
- Experience with current social media applications and online platforms for communication and engagement.
- Experience with digital cameras.
For additional information and to apply, click here