Apply here: https://platform.teachermatch.org/applyteacherjob.do?jobId=37011
Water Resource Specialist
Hours Per Week
Months Per Year
ADAMS 12 FIVE STAR SCHOOLS
Nov 08, 2016,12:01 AM MST
Dec 09, 2016,11:59 PM MST
Under general supervision, perform a variety of skilled duties involved in the maintenance, operation and programming of central irrigation control systems and equipment. Utilize, manage and maintain central irrigation control system to maximize irrigation efficiency. Work with district stakeholders to identify system issues and initiate repair work orders. Support sustainability staff in water use management and reduction projects.
1. Install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair central irrigation control components, including weather stations, controllers, communication components, communication wiring, low voltage wiring, flow meters, remote receivers, and valves.
2. Program central irrigation control system. Utilize evapotranspiration data to adjust central irrigation programs accordingly. Program controllers to maximize water application efficiency. Adjust schedules to meet city requirements for scheduling windows. Adjust irrigation programs for school hours, activities and maintenance operations. Develop drought plans and programs if needed. Ensure minimum water loss from factors such as runoff and wind.
3. Conduct irrigation system audits and inspections including coverage analysis, zone analysis, soil moisture sampling and other required functions to maximize system efficiency and minimize water use for irrigation services.
4. Work with sustainability personnel to track, collect and document water use data, and plan for water use reductions including system upgrades and converting vegetation in low-use areas. Maintain central irrigation system component inventory and make recommendations for system upgrades or modifications.
5. Develop irrigation system parameters to initiate system alarms and create repair work orders.
6. Work with sustainability staff and other school staff to support other sustainability projects and participate in sustainability efforts.
7. Responds to after-hour calls as needed. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in the installation, replacement, repair and maintenance of central irrigation control systems.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in horticulture, water engineering, landscape architecture, or a related field preferred.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
- Criminal background check required for hire.
- Valid Colorado driver’s license and qualified to drive district owned vehicles.
- District asbestos training certification (required after 3 months).
- Landscape certified irrigation technician (preferred after 12 months).
- Certified water auditor (preferred after 12 months).
Salary placement on our Classified Salary schedule is dependent on the Grade for the position being posted and employees’ previous work experience. “Grade” refers to position or job classification and “Step” refers to number of work experience credit or service years. Initial placement will be at the Grade for the position step 1.
Grade: G26 - $20.49 per hour
Employees regularly scheduled to work twenty (20) hours per week or more are eligible to receive the district contribution towards insurance benefits as defined in the Classified Master Agreement Article 11.3, 11.4, and 11.5 and are eligible for benefits described within this article. Employees regularly scheduled to work less than twenty (20) hours per week, or employees whose employment is temporary, are not eligible for benefits described within this article. Please refer to the Classified Master Agreement for more information.
Seeking a mid to late January hire date